Telangana’s Registration & Stamps Department website has made it very easy for home loan applicants to avail the Encumbrance Certificate online. Alongside the EC certificate, there are many other documents that are needed to apply for home loan, and citizens can avail of these services on the online portal itself.
The government of Telangana maintains all its old documents and records, which are critical as they serve as court evidence if ever there are any disputes. From revenue collection to document registration, this department is responsible for many services.
What is an Encumbrance Certificate?
It is mandatory to have an Encumbrance Certificate when you want to sell or buy any property or when you need to apply for a home loan or loan against property. It is ideal to have the EC Telangana of 10 to 15 years before you apply for home loan. This certificate is an assurance that a property that is being bought or sold is devoid of any liability. Liabilities can arise from mortgaged assets or legal disputes, and an EC will help you see a clearer picture.
Benefits of IGRS Telangana
- Reduction of red tape-Individuals will no longer need to visit any government office, and they can also avoid red tape by doing it online.
- File complaints at ease– Have your grievances addressed and complaints filed at ease from their online portal.
- Access to several documents– You no longer need to visit any office physically, as the IGRS portal enables the citizen to access several services and documents at ease.
- Transparent service-With this portal, the government aims to eliminate corruption and malpractices by bringing the process online.
Process for Encumbrance Certificate on Telangana portal
Searching the Encumbrance Certificate on the Telangana IGRS portal is a fairly quick and straightforward process. Remember to register on this portal and create your account to avail this service.
- Visit the IGRS website to register.
- Log in using your email ID and password. You can also choose to log in with your mobile number.
- Under ‘Online Services’, select EC, i.e., Encumbrance Certificate.
- At the end of the disclaimer page, click on the submit button.
- Next, select ‘Document Number’ under the ‘Search Criteria’ option.
- After you enter the document number, provide the registration year and register at SRO.
- Then simply click on the submit button.
- A statement of encumbrance will be displayed on the portal, which will detail property description, nature and market value of the property, TS registrants, document number, etc.
- You can then click on the ‘Print’ button for a hard copy of your EC Telangana.
Note: This is a crucial document when you need to apply for home loan. If a property was registered before the 1st of January 1983, you would have to visit the registered sub-registrar‘s office.