In the years to come, 2020 will be looked back as the year that changed everything. The pandemic has come with mixed fortunes for various industries. E-commerce product businesses have become one of the fastest-growing sectors of the small business population and are set to hit $5.1 trillion in the year 2026.
According to a report by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), a sharp decline has been seen in the Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) of the top 13 e-commerce firms. Despite there being a depletion in services companies’ GMV, the GMV for the top 13 B2C e-commerce companies has risen by 20.5% in 2020, drastically higher than in 2019 (17.9%). There were particularly great benefits for Shopify (up 95.6%) and Walmart (72.4%). On the whole, B2C GMV for the pre-eminent 13 companies stood at $2.9 trillion in 2020. The growth of the digital and e-commerce sectors has boomed substantially amidst the pandemic. With the unprecedented surge in the popularity of E-Commerce, this is the ideal time to nurture and foolproof your business with relevant marketing automation ideas.
What Is E-Commerce Marketing Automation?
E-Commerce marketing automation refers to the use of certain software that eases out the process of managing and controlling repetitive tasks carried out during the marketing process. This allows the human resources to focus their attention on more high-profitability tasks. More often than not, marketing involves the repetition of monotonous tasks and can prove to be quite tiresome and time-consuming. This is where e-commerce marketing automation comes to the aid of e-commerce businesses.
FOLLOWING ARE THE 5 BEST E-COMMERCE MARKETING AUTOMATION IDEAS FOR 2022:
Email marketing campaigns work to target potential clientele and subscribers by reminding them of your business in their inboxes. It also makes it possible for businesses to send in offers, concessions, and relevant information to their customers. Given below are the ways one can benefit the most while working with E-mail Marketing Automation-
- Using email automation software to pick out a captivating subject line.
- Making use of the software to keep a check on the open rate of the campaign e-mails. A 15-25% of opening rate should be considered ideal.
- Using the software to create e-mail lists of customers and targetting specific groups based on buying statistics.
- Making use of the software for e-mail campaigning and nurturing leads.
The seamless, efficient, and timely processing of the e-commerce marketing process is ensured through an automated workflow. Following are the ways in which it can function:
- Introducing cart recovery and abandonment of cart emails to win over customer loyalty.
- Engaging customers with automated e-mails by sending them emails based on their browsing history.
Detailed analytics allows one to closely analyze and interpret all the aspects of the business’s marketing campaign in the following ways-
- It helps in showing how many customers ended up not buying the product and simply leaving it in the cart.
- Helps in recommending products on the basis of the client’s purchasing history
- Shows the conversion rate of leads into customers
- It can suggest areas of cost-cutting by giving an insight on Return-On-Investment rates.
Management And Creation Of Landing Pages
These are the pages that the customer lands on when they click on the link to your campaign. It must be ensured that the landing page is similar in color and design to the campaign page which leads the customer to the website.
- A pre-built landing page can be made use of to make a captivating and responsive page.
- The ‘drag and drop’ landing tool builder can easily allow one to drag and drop elements on their website or campaign pages without getting into the hassle of ‘coding’ or depending on a developer to do the job for you.
Other Popular E-Commerce Marketing Automation Trends
- Giving out customers a personalized shopping experience by making use of their purchasing behavior and browsing data. Offering try-at-home options, personalized stylists, etc is another attractive trend.
- Research shows that sending ‘incomplete purchase’ mails to customers makes it 2.4 times more likely for them to complete the purchase.
- Allowing AI to take the reigns through the creation of automated chatboxes, improved recommendations, etc can be another trend.
Following Are A Few Analytical Tools For E-Commerce Businesses-
Google Analytics– The insights gained from Google Analytics help in evaluating the performance of the company’s products, content, campaigns, etc. It informs the businesses about the traffic being received on its page. It assists in making better strategies and better product pages.
Kiss Metrics– This tool is insightful in understanding one’s customers and their behavior. It gives out information about the most engaged users, customer leaving rates, and best-performing products.
TO WRAP IT UP
Plenty of platforms available in the market offer automated solutions such as MailChimp Drift, ActiveCampaign, Drip, Omnisend, Zendesk, Social media advertising platforms, etc. In the future of tech, automation is indeed playing a pivotal role. You can make time for the work and bring in potential customers while keeping everything else in place with ecommerce automation.