- Ponzi schemer Madoff earned $710 for almost 3,000 hours of prison work, got 'not very dependable' reviewon July 24, 2021 at 12:18 AM
Bernie Madoff died in prison, where he was serving a 150-year sentence for running the largest Ponzi scheme in history, swindling thousands of victims.
- Cleveland's baseball team is changing name to the Guardianson July 24, 2021 at 12:04 AM
The team had for years faced pressure to the racially offensive name it has been known as for more than a century.
- Everything you always wanted to know about yachting, but were too afraid to askon July 24, 2021 at 12:00 AM
CNBC spoke with several yacht owners who agreed to answer all questions — with no topics off limits.
- Boston Beer CEO acknowledges Q2 hard seltzer sales miss – ‘we don’t look very smart’on July 23, 2021 at 10:59 PM
Boston Beer CEO David Burwick said the company's hard seltzer sales dropped fast when people retuened to bars this summer.
- Cramer's week ahead: The most important week of earnings seasonon July 23, 2021 at 10:56 PM
"This is the toughest week of the quarter when it comes to making informed financial decisions," CNBC's Jim Cramer said ahead of reports from Apple and others.
- China orders Tencent to give up exclusive music licensing rights as crackdown continueson July 24, 2021 at 12:10 PM
China's antitrust regulator ordered Tencent to give up its exclusive licensing rights with international record labels and slapped a $$77,000 fine on the company.
- Another group of U.S.-listed China stocks plunge as Beijing regulators crack downon July 24, 2021 at 9:09 AM
Two U.S.-listed Chinese education stocks plunged Friday after reports of government crackdown that included bans on foreign investment.
- In 1999, Warren Buffett was asked what you should do to get as rich as him—his advice still applies todayon July 24, 2021 at 5:10 AM
The Oracle of Omaha said that if he were graduating from college in 1999 and had $10,000 to invest, he would be strategic about choosing where to put his money.
- China sanctions Wilbur Ross, others over U.S. warning about Hong Kong business conditionson July 24, 2021 at 12:21 AM
China said it has imposed sanctions on seven people, including former Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, in response to U.S. penalties.
- Dow jumps more than 200 points to close above 35,000 for the first time everon July 24, 2021 at 12:08 AM
The Dow closed above 35,000 for the first time ever, bringing its gain for 2021 to more than 14%.
- Automotive components maker Rolex Rings IPO to open on July 28on July 24, 2021 at 3:44 PM
The IPO comprises a fresh issue of up to Rs 56 crore and an offer for sale of up to 75 lakh equity shares by Rivendell PE LLC. The issue will close on July 30.
- Revisiting a Utopian city with fondness and furyon July 24, 2021 at 3:30 PM
Three lives, three acts and three genres combine in this narrative set in Auroville. Kapur weaves together memoir, history and ethnography to tell a story of the desire for utopia.
- ITC Q1 profit rises 28.6% to Rs 3,013.5 crore, revenue jumps 36.4% to Rs 12,959 croreon July 24, 2021 at 2:36 PM
ITC said strong sequential recovery momentum in cigarettes led to volumes reaching nearly pre-Covid levels in Q4 FY21.
- What Should Happen to Our Data When We Die?on July 24, 2021 at 1:21 PM
The dead are being digitally resurrected with growing frequency: as 2D projections, 3D holograms, CGI renderings and AI chat bots.
- Moneycontrol Area Watch: Connectivity, established developers and choice of affordable to premium homes elevate sectors along the Dwarka Expresswayon July 24, 2021 at 11:58 AM
The 29Â km stretch offers affordable, medium and luxury segment homes. Connectivity to offices in CyberCity, Udyog Vihar and along NH8 is quite good, too.
- 1991 reforms paved a new path for Indiaâ€™s economic policy: Manmohan Singhon July 23, 2021 at 1:50 PM
Singh, who as finance minister presented the 1991 budget, said that in the 30 years since, nearly 300 million fellow Indians had been lifted out of poverty and hundreds of millions of new jobs were provided.
- India#39;s economic rebound faces rising risk from virus variants: Pollon July 23, 2021 at 9:05 AM
The latest survey results suggest difficult policy decisions lie ahead for the Reserve Bank of India, which has already seen two consecutive months of inflation above the 6% upper limit of the range it tolerates.
- Competing thoughts on the economy of competitionon July 23, 2021 at 3:52 AM
Governments are clamping down on oligopolies in a bid to infuse competition. But is competition always better?Â
- Three decades of reforms and still miles to goon July 23, 2021 at 3:22 AM
The progress made so far appears patchy and reluctant. Comprehensive and constitutionally-enforceable policies for sustainable development and digital commerce need to be evolved and implemented earnestly, at the earliestÂ
- Road ministry built 13,327 km of highways in FY21: Nitin Gadkarion July 22, 2021 at 10:38 AM
In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, Gadkari said to mitigate COVID-19 pandemic effect, his ministry took initiatives under Atmanirbhar Bharat and provided several COVID-19 relief measures to contractors, concessionaires and consultants, including extension of time for 3-9 months.
- May need Covid vaccine booster shots: AIIMS chiefon July 24, 2021 at 2:51 PM
“It seems that we probably need the booster dose of vaccines as with the passage of time the immunity tends to fall. There is waning immunity. We would like to have booster dose that will cover for various emerging variants,” Dr Guleria said .
- NPPA caps price for 5 medical devices for affordable and better COVID-19 managementon July 24, 2021 at 8:00 AM
A total of 684 products and brands of these medical devices and other 620 products or brands have reported a downward revision of MRP.
- Third wave unlikely to have huge impact on kids, says Uttar Pradesh govton July 24, 2021 at 6:37 AM
"The sero survey has shown that antibodies against Covid are present in children at almost the same rate as the adult population," additional chief secretary (ACS), health, Amit Mohan Prasad said on Friday.
- Covid vaccines being used in country required to be stored within 2-8 Deg C temp range: Govton July 24, 2021 at 4:31 AM
Union Minister Bharati Pravin Pawar informed Lok Sabha said that the National Cold Chain Management Information System is a digital database of cold chain equipment supplied to states and union territories.
- 67.6% population above 6 yrs found to have Covid antibodies in 4th national serosurvey, Lok Sabha toldon July 24, 2021 at 1:46 AM
In order to avoid wastage of medical oxygen, guidelines on rational use of oxygen were issued on September 25, 2020, and further revised and disseminated to states on April 25, 2021.
- From Tiger to Temasek, investors scarred by China edtech assaulton July 24, 2021 at 2:50 PM
China is considering asking edtech startups to go non-profit, potentially wiping out a big chunk of the billions that private equity and venture capital funds have staked on a once red-hot sector.
- TN govt provides concessions to startups in its stateon July 24, 2021 at 6:40 AM
The concessions are based on recommendations of the Mission Director of the Tamil Nadu Startup and InnovaTN Mission (TANSIM), which was formed to provide a fillip to micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Zomato's IPO playbookon July 24, 2021 at 3:14 AM
We go deeper into the various factors—from meticulous planning to perfect timing—that made Zomato's journey to the public markets a hit.
- Zomato's big-bang market debut mints 18 dollar millionaireson July 24, 2021 at 12:30 AM
Cofounder and chief executive Deepinder Goyal's 5.5% stake was worth Rs 4,650 crore at the close of trade.
- IPOs will drive startup revolution in India, says Amitabh Kanton July 23, 2021 at 5:06 PM
His comments came on a day when Zomato made a stellar debut on the bourses on Friday, as its shares surged nearly 66% against the issue price of Rs 76.
- Undergrad medical students to be trained for Covid waveon July 24, 2021 at 4:43 AM
All undergraduate students have been instructed to remain present for the training programme that will cover first, second and third year MBBS students from Monday to Friday.
- Healthcare education: Empowering the common manon July 22, 2021 at 8:00 AM
Social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube served as mass outreach channels to share authentic information on the pandemic as well as the preventive tips.
- MoU signed between ITRA & Gujarat govt for strengthening Ayurveda educationon July 16, 2021 at 10:19 AM
Underlining the importance of the MoU, Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister Nitinbhai Patel said it will pave the way for the strengthening of the education system in all branches of Ayurveda. "This arrangement will result, in due course, in the opening of new doors in the fields of education, research and medicine," he said.
- IMA writes to NCM against inclusion of Ayush medicine as an elective in MBBS internshipon July 16, 2021 at 5:45 AM
The letter written on July 15 states that "observations on draft regulation for compulsory Rotating Internship 2021 placed into the public domain for opinion by National Medical Commission, New Delhi".
- Medical journal articles by women are less cited than those by men: Studyon July 5, 2021 at 10:11 AM
Researchers found that of the 5,554 articles published in 5 leading academic medical journals between 2015 and 2018, 35.6 percent had a female primary author, and 25.8 percent had a female senior author.