- Kohl's shares rise after retailer posts better-than-expected earnings, sees sales growth in 2021on March 2, 2021 at 1:07 PM
Kohl's on Tuesday reported fourth-quarter earnings and sales that topped analysts' estimates.
- How Covid-19 caused a global shortage of semiconductors and computer chipson March 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM
- Kevin Hart jumps into the $12 billion sports-supplement market with investment in Nutrabolton March 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM
Comedian Kevin Hart took an equity stake in sports nutrition-maker Nutrabolt, building on his investment portfolio.
- Software company Simplebet raises $15 million for new sports-betting serviceon March 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM
Simplebet CEO Chris Bevilacqua told CNBC the firm is also in discussions with another top tier sports gambling provider for its micro-betting product.
- 5 things to know before the stock market opens Tuesdayon March 2, 2021 at 12:55 PM
U.S. stock futures dipped Tuesday after starting March with a broad rally. The S&P 500 had its best session since June.
- U.S. is ‘not prepared to defend or compete in the A.I. era,’ says expert group chaired by Eric Schmidton March 2, 2021 at 1:01 PM
The U.S. is drastically underprepared for the age of AI, according to the National Security Commission on AI, which is chaired by Eric Schmidt.
- Stock futures pull back after S&P 500 notches best day since Juneon March 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM
Futures traded lower early Tuesday morning after the S&P 500 rallied more than 2% during regular trading on Monday for its best day since June.
- Biden needs Saudi support, and that could make it tough to pressure Riyadh on human rights: Atlantic Council CEOon March 2, 2021 at 10:50 AM
Biden previously said he would make Riyadh a "pariah," but realizes Saudi Arabia's support is important for the U.S., said Frederick Kempe of the Atlantic Council.
- Ant Group says it will help employees monetize shares and commits to listing after canceled IPOon March 2, 2021 at 10:40 AM
Eric Jing, executive chairman of Ant Group, said the company will find a "short-term liquidity solution" for employees and committed to an IPO.
- Russia's coronavirus vaccine is alluring for Eastern Europe, creating a headache for the EUon March 2, 2021 at 10:24 AM
As the EU continues to struggle with the lethargic rollout of coronavirus vaccines across the 27 member bloc, Russia's Covid shot is proving alluring to some.
- Explained | How coronavirus vaccine stored and distributed from factories to the frontlineson March 2, 2021 at 12:47 PM
Many coronavirus vaccines have specific light requirements. Some are packaged to keep light away as UV-light can damage them. All vaccines have different storage requirements. Some require to be frozen in a range between minus 15 to minus 50 degree Celsius while some other vaccines may need 2-8 degree Celsius to avoid damage due to temperature extremes. Hereâ€™s everything you need to about the COVID-19 vaccine storage and distribution.
- Central govt only concerned about the rich and powerful: Priyanka Gandhi Vadraon March 2, 2021 at 12:40 PM
Interacting with women workers of the Sadharu Tea Estate near, Priyank Gandhi Vadra said farmers have been protesting in and around the national capital for months, but Prime Minister Narendra Modi is yet to meet them and end the impasse.
- India woos Tesla with offer of cheaper production costs than Chinaon March 2, 2021 at 12:40 PM
Nitin Gadkari#39;s pitch comes weeks after billionaire Elon Musk#39;s Tesla registered a company in India in a step towards entering the country, possibly as soon as mid-2021. Sources familiar with the matter have said Tesla plans to start by importing and selling its Model 3 electric sedan in India.
- Easy Trip Planners to launch IPO on March 8 to raise Rs 510 croreon March 2, 2021 at 12:29 PM
The issue will close on March 10 and the anchor book, if any, will open for a day on March 5.
- Infrastructure projects to boost tourism, create opportunities for MSMEs: Nitin Gadkarion March 2, 2021 at 12:11 PM
The minister said the government#39;s initiatives such as collateral-free automatic loans for business, including MSMEs, and Rs 50,000 crore-equity infusion through MSME Fund of Funds, which benefits companies with higher credit ratings, will generate tremendous business opportunities.
- Indian economy on #39;upswing#39;; govt set to spend more along with pro-growth reforms: Arvind Panagariyaon March 2, 2021 at 9:13 AM
In an interview to PTI, the eminent economist described the government#39;s decision to privatise two public sector banks next fiscal as an #39;unprecedented#39; effort to #39;finally right a wrong done 50 years ago#39;.
- China charges ahead with a national digital currencyon March 2, 2021 at 2:25 AM
The electronic Chinese yuan is now being tested in cities such as Shenzhen, Shanghai and Beijing. No other major power is as far along with a homegrown digital currency.
- Exports share of GDP reached its lowest in Q3 as sector waits for manufacturing to fully fire upon March 1, 2021 at 10:39 AM
Analysts and exporters say chances of exports#39; share of the economy improving in the upcoming fourth quarter remain slim, given the slow recovery in manufacturing, and the liquidity crunch being faced by many exporters in the current quarter.
- Here is what rising bond yields mean for equity and economyon March 1, 2021 at 9:15 AM
Whenever the bond yield increases investors including FII prefer to withdraw from equities and look at investing in bonds.
- Slower-than-expected recovery may push down Q4 GDP growth, depress FY21 estimates: Economistson March 1, 2021 at 8:54 AM
Despite GDP growing in the third quarter, the government now predicts the economy will shrink by a slightly larger margin of 8 percent in FY21, up from the earlier estimate of 7.7 percent. Economists say that this contrasting position in official statements springs from the fact that growth in key sectors are muted and COVID-19-related uncertainties remain strong.
- WHO: 'Premature,' 'unrealistic' Covid-19 will end soonon March 2, 2021 at 8:30 AM
The world's singular focus right now should be to keep the transmission of Covid-19 as low as possible, said Dr Michael Ryan, director of WHO's emergencies programme, on Monday.
- Joe Biden urged to stop blocking of Covid-19 WTO waiver suggested by Indiaon March 2, 2021 at 6:01 AM
The vaccines must be made available everywhere to defeat this virus anywhere. The US has a moral imperative to act and support this waiver at the WTO, DeLauro said, expressing hope that the Biden administration will support this waiver to help US' allies around the globe bring an end to this pandemic.
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers Serum Institute, Bharat Biotech: Security firmon March 2, 2021 at 2:31 AM
A Chinese state-backed hacking group has in recent weeks targeted the IT systems of two Indian vaccine makers whose coronavirus shots are being used in the country's immunisation campaign, cyber intelligence firm Cyfirma told Reuters. India produces more than 60% of all vaccines sold in the world.
- Treating Covid-19: Indian docs led from front when world was shooting in darkon March 2, 2021 at 1:46 AM
India led from the front in experimenting with various drugs to prevent and treat Covid-19 even as the world debated over their potential.
- Chaos reigns as CoWIN keeps shutting downon March 1, 2021 at 8:58 AM
It resulted into hours long delay for those who came early for registration on-site and even those who self-registered through the portal.
- Smartworks is looking to make the most of ongoing coworking boomon March 2, 2021 at 11:34 AM
Smartworks is on an expansion spree—planning new facilities in Noida, and more coworking spaces in IT hubs of Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Pune—as demand for flexible office spaces surges in post-lockdown India.
- Drone maker IdeaForge raises Rs 15 crore from BlackSoilon March 2, 2021 at 11:25 AM
IdeaForge, a homegrown drone startup, will use the Rs 15 crore funding from investor BlackSoil to fulfil a recent order from the Indian Army worth Rs 145 crore.
- Azim Premji takes covid vaccine as govt steps up vaccination driveon March 2, 2021 at 11:15 AM
Prominent business personalities, from Infosys’ NR Narayana Murthy to Biocon’s Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, have participated in the second phase of India’s covid vaccination drive.
- Blockchain doesn't need cryptocurrency: McKinsey Digital’s Asia headon March 2, 2021 at 11:01 AM
It would be a mistake to think that cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology are “so intertwined you can't have one without the other”, says Anand Swaminathan of McKinsey Digital.
- Arya, Canara Bank in tie up for farm loans management, warehousingon March 2, 2021 at 10:10 AM
The Arya-Canara Bank partnership aims to support and extend finance to farmers as well as give them access to warehouses managed by the agritech startup across India.
- 65% low, lower-middle income countries slashed education budgets after Covid-19 outbreak: Reporton February 28, 2021 at 8:19 AM
Education budgets were cut by 65 per cent of low and lower-middle income countries after the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic while only 33 per cent of high and upper-middle income countries did so, according to a report by the World Bank.
- National Medical Commission will bring great transparency, says PM Modion February 26, 2021 at 7:16 AM
"Friends we are transforming the entire medical education and healthcare sector," PM Modi said addressing the 33rd convocation of the state-run Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University through video conferencing.
- SC imposes 5 cr fine on UP medical collegeon February 25, 2021 at 1:12 AM
The Supreme Court on Wednesday imposed Rs 5 crore as fine on a private medical college in Unnao for granting admission to students in violation of the Medical Council of India (MCI) regulations but allowed the 132 students to complete the MBBS course on a condition that they will do community service for two years after becoming doctors.
- Kerala: Kannur Medical College told to pay Rs 40 crore compensationon February 19, 2021 at 2:00 AM
The Supreme Court on Thursday ordered the Kannur Medical College to deposit Rs 40.72 crore towards compensation for the 92 students who are yet to be compensated for the 2016-17 MBBS admissions that were cancelled for violating norms regarding NEET-based ranking and online, centralized admission system.
- 140 posts created for Wayanad med collegeon February 16, 2021 at 12:25 AM
The state cabinet has decided to create new posts for the functioning of the new medical college hospital at Wayanad. The Mananthavady district hospital will be converted into a medical college hospital.