Incorporated in 1945, Wipro is a leading global information technology, consulting, and business process services company. To help businesses adapt to the digital world, Wipro harnesses the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics, and emerging technologies. Wipro has a dedicated and professional team of 220,000 employees serving clients across six continents.
Rishad Premji is the Executive Chairman of the company. He led Wipro’s M&A strategy and conceptualized Wipro Ventures, a $250 million fund to invest in start-ups developing technologies and solutions.
Wipro follows four core values that energize the company to strive forward. These values are the touchstone for all that it does:
- Wipro is global in its thinking as well as actions. It is energized by deep connectedness between people, ideas, communities, and the environment.
- It unyields integrity and commitment in everything it does. Wipro commits to follow ethics beyond any doubt, in the toughest of circumstances.
- Wipro is always passionate about clients’ success. It collaborates to sharpen its insights and amplify this success.
- It encourages and nurtures a holistic environment where people are encouraged to earn, shape, and grow. It embraces the diversity of thought, of cultures, and of people.
Wipro promises to support diverse businesses in all its business geographies by offering different services:
Data Analytics and AI
Underpinned by technologies such as Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Wipro helps companies enhance their decision making while enabling augmented intelligence and process automation. It offers Sense-Think-Respond-Learn (STRL) system to convert data to actionable intelligence.
Digital Operations and Platforms
The company combines its core business knowledge with leading technologies such as cognitive technologies, robotics process automation, and analytics to offer powerful business intelligence thereby improving business visibility.
To shape blockchain ecosystems, Wipro delivers cutting-edge blockchain offerings and solutions by leveraging other next-gen technologies like AI, Big Data, IoT, Digital, platforms like Connected Telematics, Wipro HOLMES, and Miliu bank. It has partnered with emerging players like Hedera Hashgraph, R3, and MonetaGo that provide the company with the resources to develop niche blockchain applications.
The company’s Big Data Ready Enterprise (BDRE) product helps in accelerating big data implementations and driving actionable intelligence for faster innovation. Wipro enables industries to transform their businesses and gain significantly by leveraging the power of Big Data across their value chain.
Enterprise Operations Transformation
It is a technology agnostic, operations-centric, and process-relevant unit that helps businesses move towards customer-centricity with smart operations.
Except these services, the company also offers Product lifecycle management, infrastructure services, cybersecurity & enterprise risk management, consulting, and DevOps services.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Social good is in the company’s DNA. It believes in sustainability for the health of the planet, its inhabitants, and diverse businesses. Its drive for sustainability has been lauded worldwide.
Wipro supports companies with several tools to help them achieve decarbonization. It has supported its clients’ decarbonization initiatives: carbon management for one of the largest oil and gas enterprises in India, and peer-to-peer renewable trading platform for a global oil and gas leader.
Operational Risk Management:
Wipro offers a variety of operational risk management tools to help utilities manage ecological issues systematically.
Environmental Data Management:
Wipro provides different environmental data management tools to help companies quickly and confidently manage environmental threats and risks.
Wipro helps businesses with relevant energy management resources like smart infrastructure (buildings, real estate), green IT & data center operations, smart factory (plant automation, robotics), and energy monitoring and efficiency services.
AWARDS AND MILESTONES
Wipro has received innumerable corporate awards and achieved various milestones. Some of them are:
- “ER&D Organization of the Year” by NASSCOM at Engineering Innovation and Excellence awards 2021
- Global Breakthrough Partner of the Year” from Pivotal Software in 2019
- Businessworld “Future of Design” Gold Award in the product design category for the social robot WEDA in 2018
- 2017 QuEST Forum Global Sustainability Awards in the software category.
- 2017 Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE) Award, No.1 in Asia & India.
Wipro caters to the need of diverse industries such as aerospace & defense, education, automotive, oil & gas, pharmaceutical & life sciences, natural resources, travel & transportation, consumer electronics, professional services, healthcare, etc.