In recent years, NFTs have been the rage, sparking a surge in interest in these digital assets. One of the world’s fastest-growing markets, the industry hit a staggering $40 billion in 2021. But for newbies, the blockchain world might be a little confusing. In fact, a poll found that fewer than 25% of Americans are familiar with NFTs. To get into the NFT world, luckily, you don’t have to start from scratch. NFT developers can be paid to produce NFTs for you if you employ them. However, you must first be aware of the qualities to seek if you want to hire an NFT developer.
Blockchains used by NFT developers
A blockchain is a distributed ledger that houses records of digital transactions. The environment for executing smart contracts on a decentralized system is made visible and safe by these decentralized ledgers. The top three blockchains for NFT development are shown below, along with the knowledge required for NFT developers to use each one.
- Ethereum: It is the most popular blockchain for creating NFTs. The blockchain benefits from having a large development community since issues can be corrected and new features can be introduced often. NFT Developers can utilize a variety of technical documents on Ethereum to create decentralized applications or smart contracts. An NFT developer must be skilled in cryptography and web development, familiar with the ERC-721 token, and familiar with solidity and its equipment.
- Flow: Cadence, the programming language used by Flow to create transactions, scripts, and smart contracts, must be understood by NFT developers who use Flow. Move and Rust are languages that served as inspiration for the design of Cadence.
- Solana: NFT developers have access to DAOs, artist collectives, markets, and rationalization tools thanks to the Solana ecosystem. Magic Eden’s Launchpad on Solana is a solution that enables designers to start collections even without much technological experience. Due to the success of Solsea, the Solana NFT marketplace, Coachella 7Music Festival partnered with FTX to introduce Solana NFTs.
Where to find an NFT developer
Online job boards, talent markets, and freelance websites are great venues to discover NFT developers.
The following are some of the top areas to look for talent:
1. Niftyjobs: This is a hiring board created exclusively for positions in the NFT world. You can submit a task according to your specifications, and an NFT expert for hire will contact you via the site. On the platform, the jobs may be sorted by role, contract type, and location.
2. LinkedIn: It is a fantastic site to hire NFT developers. You need to look for keywords such as “crypto” and “NFT.” In their profiles, people also speak about their experience and expertise with blockchain or NFT. The procedures below should be followed if you are looking for an NFT developer for hire on LinkedIn:
- You must set up your company page
- You need to use the appropriate keywords for your job postings
- Target your audience to find the right candidate for your job position
3. Talent Marketplaces: This is another excellent resource for finding developers for your NFT applications. A talent marketplace’s main advantage is that all of the experts on the platform will have been thoroughly screened, saving you a ton of time and money.
How to hire NFT developers
Ensure the NFT developers you find are highly qualified and have the necessary expertise. Many businesses struggle to connect with the proper talent. When you are posting a job on a hiring platform, you need to ensure that you added the necessary information like:
1. Company information: Introduce your firm first. What type of business is it? What motivates your desire to work with NFT developers? You can also share information on the type of office culture or environment you have.
2. Job description: The duties, qualifications, and compensation of the position are described in the job description. It should contain the position’s title, goal, start date, needed weekly hours, and any potential issues with insufficient experience or drive to learn about blockchain principles.
3. Salary: The range is crucial since it will help potential employees estimate their potential monthly income. Unless local regulations specifically state otherwise, you can indicate the wage range in the job description without providing a specific figure.
Hiring an NFT developer is crucial if you want to establish an NFT project or product effectively. In the job posting, clearly outline the project and the NFT developer’s duties.
Important Note: The reader is advised to do his or her own due research and diligence before investing in cryptocurrency or crypto assets. No investment of such kind is endorsed by Global Hues.