Software is at the core of how almost every business functions. To improve day-to-day operations, companies are investing in software development. One of the next-generation global technology companies helping enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age is HCL Technologies. The company delivers holistic services across different industry verticals through its worldwide network of R&D facilities, global delivery capabilities, co-innovation labs, and over 187,000+ ideapreneurs present across 50 countries.
HCL Technologies began as the R&D Division of HCL Enterprise. It was set up to emerge as a separate unit to provide software services. Between 1991 and 1999, the company expanded its software development capacities to US, APAC, and European markets. Today, HCL Technologies has a strong presence in India and other developing and developed countries. The contribution of the company to nation-building through advanced technology solutions is noteworthy. HCL Technologies also helps India’s largest stock exchange manage 10 million transactions per day with sub-second latency.
The Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of the company is C. Vijayakumar. His efforts are taking HCL Technologies to heights. His very recent initiative to add products and platforms to the portfolio of the company has proved beneficial to the company.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
HCL Technologies builds long-term relationships with customers by providing products and services across three verticals:
This includes transforming the businesses via the digital foundation, modernized infrastructure stack built around hybrid cloud, software-defined networks, the digital workplace, and other elements. Under these services, the company offers:
- Digital Foundation services: These services form the core of the enormous business transformation that enterprises are embarking upon.
- Digital Business services: These services help an organization to reimagine an intelligent enterprise and deliver superior customer experiences.
- Digital operations services: These services ensure synergy among strategy, technology, and security to deliver
maximum value across all enterprise functions.
Engineering and R&D Services
This includes engineering services and solutions in all aspects of product development and platform engineering. Over the past decade, HCL’s engineering services has helped more than 330 organizations develop and launch over 1,000 market-leading products across various market segments. Today, HCL works with 65 of the top-100 R&D spenders in the world. Under Engineering and R&D Services, the company offers:
- Product Engineering Services: Covers all existing or new product development services, right from ideation to support.
- Platform Engineering Services: Includes all the activities for platform building and enablement.
- Operational Technology Services: Comprises services and solutions to improve manufacturing performance.
- Next-Generation Engineering: Covers service propositions that cut across Product Engineering, Platform Engineering, and Operational Technology Services, leveraging the latest technology innovations.
Products and Platforms
This includes offering modernized software products to global clients for their technological and industry-specific requirements. The products and Platforms segment of the company include the HCL Software Division, Actian software, ERX, and an IP partnership with DXC.
- HCL Technologies develops, markets, sells, and supports 20+ product families for delivering impactful client journeys, and secure automation, and unified endpoint management.
- Actian’s portfolio spans data management, integration, and analytics, activating the value of hybrid data for enterprises in financial services, healthcare, media, telecommunications, retail, etc.
- ERX is chartered with building next-generation products in fast emerging markets. It currently has a portfolio in areas like Enterprise Cloud, 5G & Telecom Ecosystem, and Manufacturing 4.0.
- HCL has an IP partnership with DXC. It leverages the company’s functional expertise in banking and product engineering capability to modernize the legacy product set across prominent key areas like Core Banking, Lending, and Payments.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
HCL Technologies has received many awards and accolades so far. Some of them are:
- Google Cloud Specialization Partner of the Year 2020 for Infrastructure Award
- Positioned as a Leader in Software Product Engineering Services PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2021 by Everest Group
- Red Hat North America Commercial Managed Services Partner of the Year award for 2020
- Automation Anywhere IMEA Partner Award 2020
The company’s DNA of grassroots innovation, its ingrained culture of co-innovation, and tradition of going far beyond what is expected, to create customer value, sets it apart from the rest of the players in the industry.