We all do UPI payments almost daily. Be it PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm, or others, we all have learnt their location on our phones.
Imagine the world when there was no UPI (Unified Payments Interface), we all used to carry wallets containing notes of lower denominations like Rs 10, Rs 20 and Rs 50. And now, we all ask our friends, colleagues, or family members for change whenever we need it because we all are fond of doing UPI payments nowadays as it is quite convenient and hassle-free.
But have you ever faced the problem of doing a UPI transaction where your phone has poor or no internet connection? No worries, you are not the only one.
There is a trick that allows doing a UPI transaction without the use of the internet too. Yes! That’s true.
Eligibility of Making UPI Payments Without An Internet Connection
- Your phone number must be registered with UPI
- Your bank account must be linked to the same phone number
- An additional fee of Rs. 0.50 is charged for every such payment
How To Set Up An Account Before Making UPI Payments Without An Internet Connection
Step 1: Open the call dialer in your mobile phone (Smartphone or basic phone) and dial *99#.
Step 2: Choose your preferred language and bank’s name or the first four letters of the IFSC code.
Step 3: On the screen, you will see a list of bank accounts that are linked to your phone number. You need to select the one you wish to proceed with.
Step 4: Then you need to provide the last six digits of your debit card and expiration date as well.
The process is complete. You can make the payment without requiring an internet connection.
Pay With UPI Without An Internet Connection
Step 1: Dial *99# on the mobile phone and call
Step 2: Out of available options like Balance Check, Profile etc, choose ‘Select Money’ from this menu. Press 1 and tap on the ‘Send’ button
Step 3: You will see options like ‘UPI ID’, ‘bank account number’, ‘phone number’, and ‘IFSC’.
Step 4: Choose the option you wish to use and enter the details.
Step 5: Enter your ‘UPI ID’ and tap on ‘Send’
The process completes here. You will receive a text message informing you that the transaction is completed.
- RBI Launches Digital Currency; How Is It Different From Cryptocurrency And UPI?
- You Need To Opt For This Recharge Plan To Enjoy Reliance Jio 5G Services
- Shark Tank India Season 2 Is Back! Release Date & Promo
- Taking Control Of Twitter, Elon Musk Fires CEO Parag Agrawal And Others
- How Can You Learn Blockchain Technology With Online Blockchain Courses?