At Lupin, we pride ourselves on our promise of caring for our customers with integrity, Respect and Care.
Healthcare institutions play a pivotal role in offering the best services in healthcare. Over the years, India witnessed the emergence of great healthcare companies that have redefined the entire narrative of healthcare. Contributing to the great cause of providing healthcare service, Lupin is now one of the largest companies in the pharmaceutical industry in India. With the Promise of Caring, the highly professional team of Lupin pursues excellence through Innovation.
Lupin consistently focuses on quality and aims towards providing world-class healthcare services that are affordable, high-quality and address the unmet patients’ needs. Addressing the biggest therapeutics challenges, Lupin has marked its firm presence globally with 15 Global Facilities and 7 Research & Development Centres. Aligned with the company’s mission of delivering affordable and effective medicines, Lupin’s R&D divisions are driving the company to the leadership position of pharmaceutical solutions provider in India and the US.
THE GENESIS OF LUPIN
The journey of Lupin began with the noble thought of bringing change in the healthcare industry in India for a better future of the country. The guiding light of Lupin, Dr Desh Bandhu Gupta laid the foundation of Lupin in 1968 to improve the healthcare sector by harnessing the power of science and technology.
After completing his post-graduation in Science, Dr Gupta began teaching at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science in Pilani, Rajasthan. But his vision of transforming the healthcare world was very clear. And then he established his own pharmaceutical company, Lupin with ₹5000 that he borrowed from his wife.
With the right strategies and sheer determination, Dr Gupta expanded his business and set up his first manufacturing plant in 1979 and supplied the iron and folic acid tablets supporting India’s flagship programme that aimed at improving mother and child health. The company started its journey with only two employees and now the company has more than 20,000 highly skilled professionals that are driving the growth of Lupin.
THE LEADING LADY
The CEO of Lupin, Vinita Gupta has been instrumental in shaping the company’s strategy that resulted in Lupin becoming the global leader in the Pharmaceutical industry. Integrating her rich expertise and skills, Vinita drives the expansion of the company through organic growth and strategic acquisition.
Vinita is giving her remarkable contribution to the company since 1997. In addition to this, she is also associated with Global Advisory Board at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management. She has received many awards and recognition for her excellent work in the pharmaceutical industry. Vinita is also considered one of the most powerful CEOs in the world.
SERVICES OFFERED BY THE COMPANY
With 15 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, Lupin offers high-quality and affordable medicines. With the best healthcare services, Lupin is standing tall as the world’s 10th-largest generic pharma company. Lupin is also the largest provider of anti-TB API for several leading global institutions.
Adhering to all the international standard rules and regulations, the manufacturing facilities of the company develop a wide range of medicinal products for both generic and branded formulations. Providing unmatched healthcare solutions, the company offers its prominent services in the:
- Key Therapeutic Areas: The extensive medicinal portfolio of Lupin includes the medication for life-threatening diseases such as Tuberculosis, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases, Respiratory Ailments, Central Nervous System (CNS) disorders and many more. Lupin has the largest share of the market in therapies such as cardiovascular, respiratory, diabetes, neurology, gastrointestinal and women’s health.
- Generic Medicines: With a footprint in over 100 countries, Lupin is the leading manufacturer of generic medicine in the world. With strong research and innovation, the company has extended its generic portfolio to a great extent. Providing effective generic medicines, Lupin is a leading company in the anti-allergic market.
- Biosimilars: Lupin Biotech was incepted in 2008 to provide high-quality biologics that are affordable and accessible to patients globally. The biological products of the company using biological systems are set to bring the next wave of affordable medicines for various therapy areas.
Apart from this, the company offers a wide range of speciality drugs, Over-the-counter drugs and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients to serve people with quality and accessible healthcare solutions.
THE CROWNING ACHIEVEMENTS
Lupin has bagged many awards and recognition for serving mankind with exceptional pharmaceutical solutions. Some of the notable achievements of Lupin are:
- Lupin was named as ‘Factories of the Future’ at the Economic Times Promising Plant Awards 2022
- The company won Silver at India Health and Wellness Summit & Awards for Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) prevention campaign ‘Shakti’ for creating awareness about heart diseases in women
- Lupin Research Inc. Coral Springs was awarded the ‘Business Excellence Award’ in 2021
- Vinita Gupta was ranked #7 among the Most Powerful Women In Business In India By Fortune India 2020
THE FUTURE PATH
With a passion for excellence, Lupin is empowering the healthcare industry with world-class pharmaceutical solutions. Earning the trust of the customers with safe, reliable and accessible medicines, Lupin is known as “A Global Pharmaceutical Of Powerhouse”. The company is now looking forward to expanding to more countries globally and becoming a leading pharmaceutical provider in the world.
- Trizone Healthcare Consultants: Here To Ensure Health Of Your Healthcare Business!
- RBI Launches Digital Currency; How Is It Different From Cryptocurrency And UPI?
- Shark Tank India Season 2 Is Back! Release Date & Promo
- How Can You Learn Blockchain Technology With Online Blockchain Courses?
- Taking Control Of Twitter, Elon Musk Fires CEO Parag Agrawal And Others