Times are changing at a fast pace. Women are actively participating in every field. Business is one of the fields in which women excel to reach heights. Many women worldwide have made their place on the rich people’s list in Forbes and Bloomberg. Let us introduce you to the richest women in the world with high net worth.
Here is the list of top 10 richest women in the world 2022
10. Iris Fontbona
- Age: 79 years
- Net Worth: $18.7 Billion (With her Family) (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: Antofagasta
A Chilean businesswoman Iris Fontbona is among the richest woman in the world and has a net worth of billions. She is the widow of a Chilean mining magnate Andrónico Luksic who died of cancer in 2005. After his demise, Iris and her three children became the legal heir of Antofagasta, a copper mine in Chile that traded on the London Stock Exchange.
Iris with her children owns the majority stock in the company. She carries forward the legacy of her late husband’s business with her son Jean-Paul Luksic, who holds the position of chairman in Antofagasta. Apart from this, she also owns a majority stake in Quiñenco.
9. Abigail Johnson
- Age: 60 years
- Net Worth: $20.8 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: Fidelity Investments
Abigail Johnson is an American Billionaire and a stalwart in the world of investment. She stands tall as one of the wealthiest women in a male-dominated profession. Abigail’s grandfather, Edward Johnson II founded Fidelity Investments in 1946. She is the CEO of Fidelity Investments since 2014 and also holds the position of Chairman since 2016.
She has the 24.5% of the company’s stock which made her one of the major shareholders in Fidelity Investments. In 2018, her company launched a cryptocurrency platform that allows institutional investors to trade bitcoin and ether.
8. Susanne Klatten
- Age: 60 years
- Net Worth: $22.7 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: BMW, Altana
A German Billionaire, Sussane Klatten is the richest woman in Germany and the 8th richest woman in the world. Susanne is the daughter of esteemed industrialists Herbert Quandt and Johanna Quandt. Her father guided BMW to the eminent luxury market. Susanne Klatten holds a 19% share of the BMW company which makes her one of the major shareholders of the company.
Sussane is also the owner of the pharmaceutical company, Altana. She transformed Altana AG into a world-famous pharmaceutical brand. In addition to this, she also owns stakes in companies named Entrust and SGL Group.
7. Gina Rinehart
- Age: 68 years
- Net Worth: $26.7 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: Hancock Prospecting
Gina Rinehart is an Australian Business executive. Born in 1954, she carries forward the legacy of his father’s privately held mining company. She owns the company Hancock Prospecting founded by his father Lang Hancock. Holding the position of Executive Chairman, she took out Hancock Prospecting from the bankrupt state and made it successful.
Gina is the richest person in Australia. Roy Hill mining project was considered Hancock’s biggest asset, it started shipment to Asia in 2015. She donated a generous amount of $30 million to Australia’s Olympic teams.
6. MacKenzie Scott
- Age: 52 years
- Net Worth: $26.7 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: Amazon
An American novelist, MacKenzie Scott is known for her involvement in Amazon and her philanthropic deeds. She was a student of the author Toni Morrison and wrote two novels. In her early life, she was associated with Princeton and worked as a research assistant.
She was married to Jeff Bezos. After her divorce from Jeff in 2019, she was entitled to 25% of the stakes of Amazon. She is among the major shareholders of Amazon. MacKenzie Scott signed Giving Pledge and pledged to give away half of her wealth over the course of her life.
5. Miriam Adelson
- Age: 77 years
- Net Worth: $28.3 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: Las Vegas Sands
Born in Israel, Miriam Adelson was a medical doctor treating addiction. She married Sheldon Adelson, CEO and Chairman of a casino company named Las Vegas Sands. After the demise of her husband in 2021, she owned more than half of Sheldon’s empire of casinos in Las Vegas, Singapore and Macao.
Along with her husband, she founded the Sheldon G. Adelson Research Clinic in Las Vegas to treat people who are suffering from opioid use disorders. As GOP megadonors, Miriam along with Sheldon Adelson donated $180 million to Republican campaigns.
4. Jacqueline Mars
- Age: 83 years
- Net Worth: $38.1 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: Mars Inc
An American businesswoman, Jacqueline Mars belongs to the renowned family of Mars, which is famously known as an American candy company. She is the daughter of Audrey Ruth and Forrest Mars. Founded by her grandfather, she owns one-third of Mars inc, shares.
The most famous brand of Mars is Milky Way, Musketeers, Twix, Snickers and Skittles. Jacqueline served on the company’s board until 2016. She is associated with United States Equestrian team as a trustee.
3. Julia Koch
- Age: 60 years
- Net Worth: $58 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: Koch Foundation
A businesswoman and a known philanthropist, Julia Koch is a native of Iowa. She is the President of the Koch Foundation. She holds a 42% stake in the company along with her three children. Julia married the famous businessman and philanthropist David Koch. Julia and her husband have donated generously to social causes. After the demise of her husband in 2019, Julia continued her philanthropic work.
2. Alice Walton
- Age: 73 years
- Net Worth: $59 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: Walmart
Daughter of Walmart Founder Sam Walton, Alice Walton is listed among the richest women in the world. She is the American heiress to Walmart’s fortune. She founded the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art which was opened to the public in 2011. The museum features the works of some renowned artists like Mark Rothko, Norman Rockwell and Andy Warhol.
Her mother was the inspiration behind her choosing arts. She began taking interest in painting and fine arts. Afterwards, she studied and collected valuable artefacts.
1. Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & Family
- Age: 69 years
- Net Worth: $65.7 Billion (as of November 2022)
- Source of Income: L’Oreal
Born with a silver spoon in her mouth, Francoise Bettencourt Meyers is a businesswoman from Paris, France. Since 1997, Francoise has served L’oreal as a chairwoman of the company. She became the richest woman in the world in 2022. She took over the reign of the company after her mother, Liliane Meyers, who was also the richest woman of her time.
Apart from being a businesswoman, Bettencourt Meyers is also a writer and philanthropist. She is the President of the philanthropic foundation run by her family.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who is the richest woman in the world?
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers with $65.7 Billion net worth as of November 2022.
2. Who is the youngest richest woman in the world 2022?
Caroline Hagen Kjos is the youngest (37 years) richest woman with $2.1 billion net worth.
3. Who is India’s richest woman in 2022?
Savitri Jindal with $13.6 Billion net worth is India’s richest woman in 2022.
4. Who are the top 5 richest billionaire in the world?
- Elon Musk: $201.3 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- Bernard Arnault & Family: $156.3 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- Gautam Adani: $142.0 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- Jeff Bezos: $114.0 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- Warren Buffett: $101.4 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
5. Who are the top 5 richest women in the world?
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers: $65.7 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- Alice Walton: $59 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- Julia Koch: $58 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- Jacqueline Mars: $38 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- Miriam Adelson: $28.3 Billion (Net Worth as of November 2022)
- TOP 10 RICHEST BILLIONAIRES IN THE WORLD 2022
- SUCCESS STORY OF TIM COOK: A MAN WITH A VISION
- Top 10 Indian Origin CEOs Leading International Companies
- HIGHEST-PAID CEOs IN THE WORLD
- Success Story Of Mukesh Ambani
- TOP 10 NEWSPAPERS IN THE WORLD 2022
- Elon Musk: Biography Of A Self-Made Entrepreneur And Billionaire
- 10 GADGETS TO KEEP YOU COOL THIS SUMMER
- 7 R’s Of Waste Management – Steps To Sustainability
- What Are The 5 Must Watch Netflix Thrillers
- Upcoming Shows And Films On Netflix In 2022