Every day you spend at least 9 hours in the office and find yourself surrounded by office supplies that you use daily. Have you ever realized how important these desk utilities are? How negatively they are going to affect your workflow if get exhausted?
It is practically unimaginable to survive in a monotonous and boring work environment with no desk utility. Therefore, keeping a tab on your essential desk accessories is as important as taking a mandatory tea break in the evening.
Here’s a list of some essential office desk accessories you need immediately:
STRESS BALLS: THE STRESS BUSTERS
Every office goer is very well familiar with a feeling that always goes along – Stress. Thankfully, we have stress balls to fight stress and reduce tension.
Uses of Stress Balls
- Improves the functioning of the nervous system
- Helps a lot in anger management
- Helps you relax and relieve unnecessary stress
- Helps you stay calm and focus better
STICKY NOTES: THE REAL HIGHLIGHTERS
Whether it be writing something inspirational at the top of your desk or using them as a reminder, sticky notes can serve many purposes.
Uses of Sticky Notes
- As the sticky notes are available in different sizes and colours, they help in arranging and differentiating the information
- Works as a reminder in a busy schedule
- Helps in overcoming any overwhelming workload when utilised for writing happy & positive thoughts
- Helps in capturing new information quickly
CHARGER: TO POWER UP
All the electronic desk accessories should always be charged so that you can use them whenever the need arises. Hence, a good quality charger falls under the must-have desk accessories.
Uses of Charger
- No important work calls are missed if the mobile phone is fully charged
- Using your own charger prevents any damage to your device
PEN HOLDER: THE BETTER ORGANIZER
A pen and pencil holder does just what it implies. Although you can keep pens and pencils on the table, but better be organized, right?
Uses of Pen & Pencil Holder
- Helps in keeping the setting clutter-free
- Helps in easy management of your lifestyle
- You can also keep your business cards, scissors, and other accessories in the holder
- The chances of misplacing things reduce drastically
CALENDARS: TO KEEP YOU ORGANIZED
Believe it or not, it doesn’t really matter how many advanced applications you have on your phone, you still need a paper calendar at your desk. Here’s why:
Uses of Calendars
- Ensures convenient scheduling of events
- Limits your electronic notifications; eventually the phone usage
- A very effective visual reminder
- You can jot down additional details in the calendar and keep them for your eyes only
- Stays right in front of your eyes to remind you of things you tend to forget
HEALTHY SNACKS: TO POWER YOU UP
Think of that day when you didn’t get the time to have lunch and have to skip it because of work. Although we are strictly against it, it can still happen in dire circumstances. Hence, you always need to keep some healthy snacks at your desk to hold you over until your next meal.
Snacks that you can keep are
- Popcorn without butter and a very little salt
- Dark chocolate made from the seeds of the cocoa tree
- Fruits to keep you feel energised throughout the day
- Roasted chickpeas as they contain exceptional levels of iron, B-6, and magnesium
NOTEBOOKS: THE COLLECTION OF IDEAS
Do you still love to write your creative ideas in a notebook? Do you still love to take your notebook along with you to business meetings? We know, it’s a yes!
Uses of Notebooks
- Any meeting, conference, or client meeting without a notebook and a pen is highly unprofessional
- Helps you jot down all the instant points being discussed in the meeting
- You can take it along with you easily in your bag
PLANTS: GET THEM RIGHT NOW!
Now that you have assembled all the essentials, you really need a shiny green plant to create an ideal office desk. A soothing and beautiful work desk is the least that you deserve.
Uses of Plants
- Help to increase productivity as they improve memory retention
- Reduces sickness and absence rates
- Helps to reduce the distracting noise
- Boosts creativity
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What accessories should employees carry at the workplace?
Employees should carry phone chargers, hygiene products, laptops, water bottles, lunch boxes, healthy snacks and other important accessories.
- What should not be put at the office desk?
You should never keep dirty coffee mugs, sweets, your resume, and lunch at your office desk.
- Which is the best item to put on an office desk that brings good luck?
You can keep plants, crystals, laughing buddha, lucky bamboo, etc to bring good luck.
- TOP 10 RICHEST BILLIONAIRES IN THE WORLD 2022
- Top 10 Indian Origin CEOs Leading International Companies
- TOP 10 IN-DEMAND SKILLS FOR 2022
- SUCCESS STORY OF TIM COOK: A MAN WITH A VISION
- HIGHEST-PAID CEOs IN THE WORLD
- Success Story Of Mukesh Ambani
- TOP 10 NEWSPAPERS IN THE WORLD 2022
- Elon Musk: Biography Of A Self-Made Entrepreneur And Billionaire
- 10 GADGETS TO KEEP YOU COOL THIS SUMMER
- 7 R’s Of Waste Management – Steps To Sustainability
- What Are The 5 Must Watch Netflix Thrillers